Lynn of Lynn’s Books made a request of me a few days ago: “…as you’ve interviewed so may people, it would be interesting to read a few facts about the interviewer!” Thanks Lynn, for encouraging me to emerge from my library for a few moments! Here goes:
- I was born in a small town in Australia (something like Bunkie, Louisiana, I think – no known British equivalent). I grew up and studied in Australia and for the last twenty years I have lived in Europe: first the UK, then Italy and now Ireland. All of which makes me a citizen of the global net, like everyone else reading this.
- Despite living in so many different countries, my accent is apparently still very BunkieOz. If things get tough, I could always team up with Jason Sizemore, sit in a cage and let people pay money to hear our pronunciations of simple English words and phrases.
- Although I come from Australia, I know nothing about rugby. Apparently, Australia lost the World Cup Final earlier today. Next time, Kangas! Wallabies. Next time, Wallabies, yeah… .
- I am obsessed with languages, although apart from BunkieOzish, the only one I speak fluently is Italian. So obsessed that I invent languages of my own on the internet. Romeo Kennedy, blogger and bass player, and I talk on Twitter in bass language (Fenderish, as the academics insist on calling it). Romeo’s wife
Juli– Romeo’s wife – is very unwell, so please join with me in wishing them both all the best: BOOM BA BOOM BOOM BA BOOM!
- I once tried to invent a Twitter language using only acronyms, but I had to give it up because NOECUWIWS.
- I am a coffee freak, probably as a result of living in Italy. Dark chocolate, too. I once challenged Keith Richards to a staying-awake contest (free choice of substances). Actually, that challenge is still going on. Haven’t. Blinked. Yet. Watch this space. Fixedly.
- I am a lifelong Doctor Who fan (classic series). I grew up watching the 4th Doctor (the episodes were a long way behind in Australia), but my favourite era now is the 3rd Doctor (Jon Pertwee).
As anyone who follows me online will be aware, I am very interested in the whole concept of blogging (and podcasting and booktubing). I am curious about why people do it, what approach they take and what they discuss. It is still exciting for me to discover a new person doing interesting things somewhere out there on the internet. Here are some blogs I have discovered recently and would like to know more about:
- From the Wastes
- Red Star Reviews
- Earthian Hivemind
- On Books and Writing
- Speculative Herald
- The Quill to Live
- Science Fiction Fan Letter
- Jim’s Scifi Blog
- Dragons, Heroes and Wizards
- Books Without Any Pictures
- Fantastic Reviews
- The Arched Doorway
- Books by Proxy
I hope that these bloggers will tell us something more about themselves in accordance with the following rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- List 7 interesting facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers and inform them by posting on their site.
- List the rules and display the award:
8 thoughts on “Coming Out of the Library”
The Arched Doorway here! I’ll see what I can think of, though I warn you, I’m not the most interesting of people. I make no promises in regards to having any good facts. I might force one of my minions (er.. co-bloggers) to contribute one or two. Thanks for the nomination. 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
I am sure you will have something interesting to tell us, Becca
Always volunteering us minions…er cobloggers for things!
Us solo artists always have to volunteer ourselves!
IAVGTHT. Maybe we should try again with Acronymish
LikeLiked by 1 person
“I am very glad to hear that”? I’m down. But MWSCIAAL because anymore than that and it becomes too much of a puzzle 😛
Yeah, that was the problem last time.