Lynn of Lynn’s Books made a request of me a few days ago: “…as you’ve interviewed so may people, it would be interesting to read a few facts about the interviewer!” Thanks Lynn, for encouraging me to emerge from my library for a few moments! Here goes:
- I was born in a small town in Australia (something like Bunkie, Louisiana, I think – no known British equivalent). I grew up and studied in Australia and for the last twenty years I have lived in Europe: first the UK, then Italy and now Ireland. All of which makes me a citizen of the global net, like everyone else reading this.
- Despite living in so many different countries, my accent is apparently still very BunkieOz. If things get tough, I could always team up with Jason Sizemore, sit in a cage and let people pay money to hear our pronunciations of simple English words and phrases.
- Although I come from Australia, I know nothing about rugby. Apparently, Australia lost the World Cup Final earlier today. Next time, Kangas! Wallabies. Next time, Wallabies, yeah… .
- I am obsessed with languages, although apart from BunkieOzish, the only one I speak fluently is Italian. So obsessed that I invent languages of my own on the internet. Romeo Kennedy, blogger and bass player, and I talk on Twitter in bass language (Fenderish, as the academics insist on calling it). Romeo’s wife
Juli– Romeo’s wife – is very unwell, so please join with me in wishing them both all the best: BOOM BA BOOM BOOM BA BOOM!
- I once tried to invent a Twitter language using only acronyms, but I had to give it up because NOECUWIWS.
- I am a coffee freak, probably as a result of living in Italy. Dark chocolate, too. I once challenged Keith Richards to a staying-awake contest (free choice of substances). Actually, that challenge is still going on. Haven’t. Blinked. Yet. Watch this space. Fixedly.
- I am a lifelong Doctor Who fan (classic series). I grew up watching the 4th Doctor (the episodes were a long way behind in Australia), but my favourite era now is the 3rd Doctor (Jon Pertwee).
As anyone who follows me online will be aware, I am very interested in the whole concept of blogging (and podcasting and booktubing). I am curious about why people do it, what approach they take and what they discuss. It is still exciting for me to discover a new person doing interesting things somewhere out there on the internet. Here are some blogs I have discovered recently and would like to know more about:
- From the Wastes
- Red Star Reviews
- Earthian Hivemind
- On Books and Writing
- Speculative Herald
- The Quill to Live
- Science Fiction Fan Letter
- Jim’s Scifi Blog
- Dragons, Heroes and Wizards
- Books Without Any Pictures
- Fantastic Reviews
- The Arched Doorway
- Books by Proxy
I hope that these bloggers will tell us something more about themselves in accordance with the following rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- List 7 interesting facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers and inform them by posting on their site.
- List the rules and display the award: